Some of us ladies go for our regular mani/ pedis, others go and get their highlights for the Summer. For me, I can’t keep up with that type of regular maintenance 😉 . I like to get highlights, sure. Or the odd pedicure is delightful but can be pricey if you keep it up. I prefer to highlight and enhance what I’ve been given by wearing some of these beauty products. And so, without further adieu, these are some of my top fave beauty products this Summer.
1) Revlon “Long Lasting Lipstick” in “Smoked Peach” – Is about $8 and I think it’s the perfect summery shade! And Revlon is a brand that is definitely more affordable. Apparently is a close contender to MAC “Ravishing” lipstick which sells for $15. I haven’t compared these two products specifically but would love to hear feedback if you have!
2) Covergirl “Eye Enhancing Trio” in “Shimmering Sands” – This is my go – to palette. The colours would be flattering on blue, brown or green eyes, in my opinion. Even the name sounds inviting and Summery 😉 .
3) E.L.F. “Shimmering Facial Whip” in “Lilac Petal” is a cheap (ONLY $1!!) highlighter that’s a steal of a deal. It provides a natural glow, and is a close substitute for the more pricier “High Beam” by Benefit. I know they sell E.L.F products at Target (however they pulled out of Canada – sad, right?!) but sometimes you can score them at Winners and Giant Tiger depending on your location. In the U.S. Walmart and Walgreens carries them!
4) This blush is ahh-mazing. NYX blush in “Terracotta” is a total dupe for MAC “Peaches” which is fine by me. I’d rather put my money towards something else other than blush if this is such a close sub! I bought mine at Target on clearance before it closed down in Canada (I know, you don’t want to be reminded 😥 )and it’s lasted me all Summer so far. However, I didn’t leave my fellow Canadians hanging, and did my research: you can purchase NYX products including this blush at Rexall, Pharmaplus and Dell pharmacies. 😀
5) Essence *NEW* “Lash Princess Volume Mascara” – awesome product and makes my eyelashes, dark, voluminous and look like I’m wearing extensions (if I apply more than one coat). It’s brush is designed to lift and separate I buy the waterproof at Shoppers Drug Mart for $4.99. And you really can’t beat that. Every time I see mascaras going for $40 I cringe…
The other mascara beside the first one is another Essence product called “Plump No Clump” and it is another one that’s great for volume. It also retails at $4.99 which is pretty wonderful!
6) The Body Shop “Shimmering Dry Oil” in “Honey Kissed”. Can you tell I like to look shimmery and sun kissed in the Summer? 😉 This product is a bit more of a splurge but you only need to apply the littlest bit to get results. The look is a warm, sunkissed result. I use this on my legs (calves) and shoulders, as well as my collarbone for a bit of bronzing. It has a lightweight, non-greasy finish and goes for $24.00 in Canada and $22 in the U.S. Body Shop locations.
*What are your go – to Summer products?!*