Umm, there’s really no words to describe how GOOD this recipe is…I guess that’s if you like Buffalo Chicken! 🙂 Which, both Matt and I do, so this recipe is a keeper!!!
I was REALLY craving Buffalo Chicken, and was looking for a recipe that would satisfy. I stuck to a recipe fairly closely, adding just a few ingredients of my own to make it my own. Feel free to use more or less of everything to personalize it and have it suit your tastes!
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Adapted from Homemade Delish
1 16oz. box of Penne pasta, cooked and drained
2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 c. Button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. White onion, diced
1 c. Hot sauce (Frank’s)
3/4 c.- 1 c. Blue cheese dressing (ranch would be yummy, too!)
1/2 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350’f. and get out baking dish (I used a 9×13″ glass Pyrex).
- In a frying pan, add a little oil (whatever you use, I used 1 tsp. olive oil) and place chopped chicken inside. Season with whatever you choose! I used just a little sea salt and pepper and start frying.
- Add onions and mushrooms and sauté along with chicken.
- Add hot sauce to mixture while continuing to cook chicken until it’s done the way you like.
- Put cooked pasta in the baking dish, and then add the chicken mixture and stir together.
- Pour blue cheese on top and maybe a few more squirts of hot sauce – for good measure! 😉
- Sprinkle cheese on top and pop into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins.
It’s soo good! 😀 We enjoyed ours with a simple side salad. I kind of forgot to take a picture of the end result because we gobbled it up so quickly… 😉 I hope you’ll try it sometime!!
Have a fantastic weekend everyone!