Why, hello there! Fancy meeting you here 😉 . I’ve been MIA lately and blogging has been the last thing on my mind. However, I wanted to share for “Things I’m Loving Thursday” and keep up the new “tradition”!
Life hasn’t really felt … blog worthy as of lately. I guess I’ve been having a case of the Winter blahs. Don’t get me wrong, there’s been many blessings this Winter. Just life hasn’t been too interesting. We’ve been reading lots (me) and Matt has been studying…there’s been lots of tea and hot chocolate. We went to the movies, and we took a trip last weekend to the flea market in the city near us. None of these details really felt like they were worth capturing in my blog. 🙂
We are, however, REALLY looking forward to Spring’s arrival! We had our first meeting with the relocation services company this past Monday. It helped to be able to sit down with a professional and plan things. She spoke with us about our military entitlements as far as the move goes, and it really makes us feel more organized about our first posting. This weekend, I’m going to a “leggings party” at my friends house. It’s a bit of a “good-bye” party for her, too – she is also a military wife. It won’t be a sad good-bye for me, though, because her and her hubby got posted to the same base as us! Next weekend we are driving back down to Niagara for our sweet nephew’s 5th birthday party! I can hardly believe how big he’s getting. I love parties AND I love party planning even more! Speaking of parties, Matt is turning the big 3-0 this Spring AND he will be graduating, so I’ve been in the midst of planning a party for him. I have the location firmed up, the guest list decided/invited, and the décor is “in the making”. It’s going to be a “firefighter” themed party. I’m planning on using more industrial styled serveware (e.g. galvanized buckets, crates, and a ladder among other things). I hope to find a fire engine or extinguisher at maybe, Marshall’s. Of course, Pinterest has some great inspiration. I will be sure to post pictures!
Today, as I sit with my cup of tea, I look out at all the white stuff and wish it all away! I decided to blog about Spring and some of the new fashion pieces I’m hoping to eventually add to my wardrobe. Some staples, like a classic trench. And some fun, bright things like a new floral scarf. A lot of it would be timeless and lasting in my wardrobe. I just want to freshen up my style a little.
1. Kate Spade New York “Rain Check?” Umbrella (Not necessary but really cute! Well, necessary if it’s raining… 🙂 )
2. Kate Spade “Jump For Joy” Hinged Idiom Bangle (Love the colours in this bangle.)
3. Stella & Dot Flora Chandeliers (These earrings are awesome! You can wear them 3 different ways – as a stud, mini chandeliers, or combine all three for a more dramatic look. I kinda want to ask for them from Matt for my birthday in April… 😉 )
4. Merona Women’s Woven Floral Print Infinity Scarf (Target. Need I say more?)
5. J.Crew Dulci Scalloped Suede Kitten Heels (I can’t walk in heels but kitten heels are great. The scalloped edges sold me on them.)
6. Essie “Madison Ave – Hue” polish (“A chic upper east side pink” 😉 )
7. Linea Essential 3/4 Sleeve Cardigan (I need a cardigan. Love the pop of colour. I don’t need this EXACT cardi, but this green is awesome. Very Spring-like.)
8. Kate Spade New York Vic Crossbody Bag (I love the simplicity of this bag. I think Kate Spade’s designs are super cute. I don’t remember the last time I bought a purse.)
9. MAC “Candy Yum Yum” Lipstick (LOVE this colour of lipstick perfect for Spring.)
10. H&M Loafers (I don’t have one pair of black shoes. Not even kidding.)
11. Choies Beige Color Block Double – breasted Trench Coat (I would wear this in the Spring and Fall. I love the silhouette of this. And the price is pretty decent. It’s so elegant!)
12. H&M Denim Jacket (I also don’t own a jean jacket. These go with everything!)
13. Essie “Avenue Maintain” polish (You can buy Essie polish pretty in so many stores.)
14. Sperry Top-Sider Washed Bahama Women’s Boat Shoes (They just seem like they’d be really comfortable walking shoes for both Spring and Summer.)
15. J.Crew Painter Boatneck Tee in “Indigo Stripe” (I forgot to add that there is a Kate Spade New York Gold-Tone Faux Pearl and Crystal Luster Frontal Necklace on that boatneck shirt.)
What Spring items are on your wishlist?